10.7.08

Breaking the silence

I've been busy with a lot of non-AROS related things lately, so not much to post here, sorry.

I alway wanted to continue Rob's webkit work, I had all the required stuff compiled, but the final linking of the webkit demo failed. Still haven't found the time and motivation to continue there, even if I know, I should ;).

GTK-MUI is in a relative stable state, although I am not sure, if it makes sense, to develop it any further. Too many other libraries are missing (not stuff like pango etc), so there are no "easy" ports of GTK applications. But I learned a lot during GTK-MUI, so it was worth the effort. If anybody is interested, the sources are at sf.net of course.

Lately I noticed, that there are still some non-zune prefs out there and I decided to try to convert one. I chose serial, seemed to be the simplest ;).

It looked like that:


After some guessing, how the base zune class for prefs works and how the old prefs program worked at all ;), it now looks zune'isher:



I have committed my changes, next nightly should have it, hope I did not break it ;). First time, I send sth to the AROS SVN, it was about time.

I'll be on vacation the next two weeks, no keyboard. But maybe in 6 months I'll post again, cu

4 Comments:

Blogger Åke said...

That's a rather nice improvement =) It's also nice to hear that someone is attempting to continue the work of webkit. Keep up the good work and most of all have fun!

7:25 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This looks an interesting project to port:

http://www.linuxlinks.com/article/20080317151208374/Geany.html

Excursus:

"Geany is a small and lightweight Integrated Development Environment (IDE) based on Scintilla.

It was developed to provide a small and fast IDE, with only a few dependencies from other packages. Another goal is to be as independent as possible from desktop environment such as KDE or GNOME. Consequently, Geany only requires the GTK2 toolkit, and the GTK2 runtime libraries.

Geany is one of the more fully-featured editors, as most Linux editors adopt a more minimalist philosophy. It is similar to Windows editors such as NoteTab or ConTEXT.


Features include:

* Syntax highlighting
* Code folding
* Code completion
* Auto completion of often used constructs like if, for and while
* Auto completion of XML and HTML tags
* Call tips
* Many supported filetypes like C, Java, PHP, HTML, Python, Perl, Pascal
* Tag/Symbol lists"

I know that we have Murks!IDE already, but the idea to have a better text editor in it might be considered...

3:48 AM  
Blogger pain said...

Wouldn't serial prefs have to include also which serial ports you want to configure?

4:35 PM  
Blogger o1i said...

@sleepless:

Hmm, yes. I have no idea about serial ports in AROS at all, I use it hosted only. I just took the old functionality and replaced the GUI.

The new one has no additional features.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home