24.10.14

GUI ..?

First of all, I was not able to get the JIT running, so I lost motivation and started something else.

I always wondered, how the WinUAE gui was built and had a look, how a Windows gui is calculated. Well, every single "object" has fixed coordinates and sizes..!

Example:
IDD_FLOPPY DIALOGEX 0, 0, 396, 303
STYLE DS_LOCALEDIT | DS_SETFONT | DS_3DLOOK | DS_CONTROL | WS_CHILD
FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1
BEGIN
    LTEXT           "System ROMs:",IDC_PATHS_ROML,3,2,260,8,SS_CENTERIMAGE
    EDITTEXT        IDC_PATHS_ROM,3,13,377,15,ES_AUTOHSCROLL
    PUSHBUTTON      "...",IDC_PATHS_ROMS,384,13,11,15
    LTEXT           "Configuration files:", 

                    IDC_PATHS_CONFIGL,3,32,164,8,SS_CENTERIMAGE

...

So GadTools would still be up to date on Windows as it seems.

I had the idea, to build a real object tree from these coordinates and then generate a Zune gui source code from it. Worked, but a lot of those boxes overlap and are much bigger than necessary. So the tree was not really the right tree. A pity, as my conversion code was working quite nice :(.

Nevertheless, I rewrote it and tried using fixed coordinates in Zune, too. (Sorry Zune purists):

So far looking not too bad ;). Now I'll have to see, how much of the Windows-GUI code I can reuse, because at the moment, those gadgets do .. nothing.

2 Comments:

Blogger mmartinka said...

wow, it looks very nice...great job

12:39 AM  
Blogger Methanoid said...

Some people ARE viewing and watching. Keep up the good work. Hope we get to see it in the end!

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home