Still there are no visual improvements over the already known screenshots. But now the gfx updates are as smooth as the real uae updates. There is still one minor error, which causes non updated backgrounds, but beside this, I like it.

What was the problem?

The Janus-UAE picasso96 code is responsible for the copy operation from the picasso memory to the different AROS windows, which have AmigaOS counterparts. For a first quick solution, I always copied all window contents from the AmigaOS sode to the AROS windows. Not really optimal. Picasso96 knows, which areas have been changed, but .. it does know nothing about intuition windows.

So now, whenever picasso96 detects changed areas, I update the area in all windows, which are withing this area. Still too many updates, but much better than before. So as long as only one window is within the area it is optimal. If you have really many windows stacked, you loose a little bit, but you should not notice it.

Besides that, I tried to fix the build system .. I made some progress here, but it is not really a configure & make solution yet. I always end up with -I/usr/include and -L/usr/lib defines and I am not sure, where they come from. But if I sed them ou of my makefiles, the build works.

Another thing I started, is to get rid of compiler warnings .. also quite some way to go ;).


Blogger Hardwired said...

Tedious job - cleaning the code - but I guess better sooner than later!...

5:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home