9.10.09

Mouse in sync

After quite some fiddling with a lot of parameters, it seems, that the AROS and amigaOS mouse pointers are now in sync both on amigaOS native and Picasso96 screens, both if j-uae is run full screen or in window mode. Of course, janusd needs to be running.

ScanDoubled and Overscan screen modes are not working, could be done of course. If somebody really needs those, well, he might add them himself (or beg me).

I wanted to show you a screen shot, but you could only see one mouse pointer on it ;).

During movement of the mouse, the amigaOS pointer may lack behind, but it is tolerable I think.

I really should release a new version, as j-uae now has clipboard support and mouse sync, it should be useful, even if you do not use the coherence mode..

Do you want one?

8 Comments:

Blogger Paolo Besser said...

Great... I just use max overscan with the hi-res pal screen mode as default, just to avoid the "large frame" in amibridge windows, but I guess I can live with it. :/

5:11 PM  
Blogger Hardwired said...

Would be nice to have just one pointer - so please release that version please!?!....

5:16 PM  
Blogger clusteruk said...

Please, the Mouse sync is to me the most important job left. I can wait for sound and network. Aros runs all my 68k code faster than my A4000 but the mouse problem makes it unusable except for demoing the potential.

5:21 PM  
Blogger Manu said...

You're doing great O1i !
I vote for a pre-release, pleeese :)

I also hope that *someone* will make overscan working, as Paolone said it's more polished that way if one can hide extra borders away. It would be nice if Aros hides Janus so that you could not tell if you are running emulated or native.

Sound and Joystick support is highest on my wish list now because Janus would be super duper for retro gaming with WHDLOAD games. I think it would be a WHOW-factor for someone testing Aros, at least for retro gamers that is.

7:05 PM  
Blogger nikos said...

Great stuff.
New release please :D

Also to me most important now is to have sound supported.

3:47 PM  
Blogger o1i said...

Sound is not supported at the moment. I should write a FAQ here ;).

If you want borderless windows, just use Picasso96 and you won't have any borders ;). But I'll keep in mind, that you all like Overscan.

The new version will of course have all so far working integration stuff inside, which can be switched on and off on the fly.

So I'll try to build a non-debug version for you all ;).

9:51 AM  
Blogger clusteruk said...

Hi 01i, I am using CubicIDE on Janus to edit my source files to compile under Aros. So the mouse pointer is a big one to me. So pleased to hear you will compile a new version for us all.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Manu said...

O1i, now FAQ required. We know sound is not supported, we're only trying to force anyway you to fix it :-)

8:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home