5.7.17

Janus-UAE2 (WinUAE port)

After a long break (and a long silence here), I returned to my WinUAE port. It still had no Picasso96 support, something which annoyed me a long time now. Problem was, that even everything looked ok (to me), as soon as the uaegfx monitor was added, it crashed. As both uaegfx and rtg.library are closed source, debugging it was a nice lesson, but lead to no results.

So I compared all uae generated 68k library and modeinfo structs with the fs-uae structs and (for me) everything looked ok.

So after quite some debugging, I decided to annoy Toni with my problem .. and he pointed me to a zero clockrate in my modeinfo structure .. which really caused the above mentioned crash.

Problem was, that I added

int default_freq = 0; 

as a stub in aros.cpp and while merging newer WinUAE sources later obviously changed picasso96_win.cpp as a quick hack to make it compile to

#ifndef __AROS__ 
int default_freq = 50; 
#endif 

which finally lead to a zero PixelClock..

Big thanks to Toni for pointing me in the right direction!

So now I can see all Picasso96 modes:

 When I use the screenmode, I only get a blank window, but in my debug output, I can see some chars rendered a least:

I hope, the path to some usable output will be shorter than the bugfixing of the screenmodes..